Wednesday, May 2, 2007

G.PETERSON , BBC SESSIONS

Anything with the name GILLES or PETERSON just gets me buzzing, let alone the two being one after the other and like most of his worldwide collabs this one fails to dissapoint and promises to deliver , with a line up including PHARELL, CODY CHESNUTT , AMP FIDDLER to name but a few A-listers my rug is already whimpering in the corner at the mere thought. Now as eclectic as i can be with my music the harrowing voice of BECK never really feels my shoes with an itchy burning sensation, but the cd really hits me hard with that crazy icelandic chic, BJERK !!! once I have FF those two and quielty despatched the HERITAGE ORCHESTRA my room is ful of down right funky stuff, FIDDLER, CHESTNUTT, MR CULLUM AGAIN ,ROOTS AND COMMON, PHARRELL, the amazing BETH GIBBONS( PORTISHEAD) begin to feel me with good feelings allround ,other notable tracks include GRACE UNDER PRESSURE, UNBELIEVABLE & the classic GABRIELLE.
The chi-lites for me here are frontin'by JAMIE CULLUM , IMPROV by NERD and the WHY'D YA CALL ME(3am) . magic stuff all round , Recorded in W9 , maida vale, I used to live nr the studios! GOD BLESS GP!

No comments: